I was tagged by Ann and Stef a while back and it's time that I get this thing done! Since everyone in the blog world has probably been tagged by now, I will be lame and not tag anyone to do this. BUT I am excited to play along and post 11 random things about me as well as answer the questions those lovely ladies posed to me!
11 Random Things about Yours Truly-
- I'm allergic to some forms of penicillin. I tell you this so that one day you can save my life. But in reality, if I take certain medicines that contain penicillin I break out in a nasty rash that grows so fast that I can literally watch it spread up my body. It is not awesome. Not at all.
- I consider potatoes to be the greatest food on the planet, simple because my dad is an Idaho potato farmer. They are so versatile, and I really wish they weren't as bad for you as they are!
- I'm the only member of my entire family that has red hair. My parents both have dark hair and dark-toned skin. Somehow they produced a redheaded albino. You tell me how this happens:
- I'm currently addicted to Chobani Passionfruit Yogurt. Goodness gracious, that stuff is like crack to me. I don't even like yogurt. I've been anti-yogurt for as long as I can remember, but Chobani has me hooked. Seriously, go buy some now. Do it do it do it.
- I manage a small team of customer service reps. Rather than have a stagnant office, we've cultivated a fun culture where we are free to be as crazy as we want. This has resulted in some funny moments in our office that end up documented on our "Wall of Fame" or as I sometimes call it the "Wall of Shame." I am featured rather heavily on this wall. See if you can spot me:
- I got married at the ripe old age of 22. In Utah, this actually is considered old for a female. Yup. I was called an old maid by several people once I hit my twenties. I had a goal of waiting until I was 25 to get married, but once I met Hubster I was doomed to fail (in the best way possible). Hubster and I dated for 3 1/2 years (off and on) before getting married. This is equally odd in Utah where the average dating period is about 3 months before getting engaged. And no, I am not joking. :)
- As you might guess from mentioning Utah, I am a Mormon. I don't blog about my religion much (or at all) on this blog as it is a fitness blog, not a religious blog. But while we are trying to hit 11 random things, I figured this one was worth an add. Also, we do not have horns, we do not have multiple wives (I wish--they could do my chores for me while I relax!!), and we are not a cult. We do, however, have quite a few endearing(?) quirks.
- I once caught myself on fire on Halloween. That year I was dressed as a Native American princess (complete with headdress!). My mom had bought a super awesome skull candle that would "bleed" blood when lit and I leaned down to watch it and suddenly I was smelling burnt feathers. Turns out I had caught my headdress and my hair on fire. I was more devastated by the ruined feathers than the singed hair.
- I grew up in a small town. As anyone in a small town knows, there's not much to do on the weekend but drink and get into trouble. Since I am Mormon (see above) I wasn't a drinker, so I had to find other ways to amuse myself. One of the common things to do in my region is find tractor tires, fill them full of gasoline, light them on fire, and roll them down the giant spillway at the ruined earthen dam in the region. Helloooooo ball of fire! So awesome. And to any police reading this, I made this all up and it never happened.
- I broke my collarbone when I was 3. It happened at daycare. I was playing in the rocks under the swing set when a bully came up and said "this is my swing, move out da way." Being the stubborn person I am, I refused. Being the bully she was, she hopped on the swing anyway and started swinging until she hit me. She continued to swing into me until finally she hit me so hard it broke my collarbone. I'm not sure if I should be proud of myself for sticking to my guns and not moving, or worried for my general well being that I would go through so much pain just to play with some rocks. You decide.
- In high school I joined the high school softball team simply to avoid my home life. My parents were going through a nasty divorce and I needed an excuse to stay at school. Softball it was. I was terrible. To this day I have no idea how I made it on to the team. I'm convinced they took pity on me. Either way, I'm glad they did. Softball turned out to be a lot of fun!
That was a lot harder than it should've been. I'm glad I'm done thinking up random things about myself! Now onto the easy part--answering the questions I was asked!
- Football or Baseball?
To play--baseball. See above. I may be terrible, but at least I understand and know the rules of the game. To watch? I'm torn. I'd probably pick baseball over football, particularly if it is a real life game. I grew up watching baseball with my mom and there are some fond memories there.
- Would you rather run 50 miles or do 5000 push ups?
Oh goodness. Neither? Can there be a neither? If I must choose, I pick run 50 miles. I think it would be cool to say I was an ultra marathoner!
- Where were you born?
Not so fast, creepy stalkers. You won't catch me that easily!! I was born in Idaho in a small town. That's all you're getting out of me!!
- What do you think is your strangest habit?
I can't believe I am admitting this to the internet, but I am completely obsessive about my eyebrows. If there is a stray eyebrow hair, I will pick at it until I bleed (assuming I don't have tweezers readily available). It is so annoying, and I seriously wish I could get over it!
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Dead serious, I wanted to be a meteorologist. This was way before Twister came out. I LOVE bad weather. I wanted to be a storm chaser and be at the center of the craziness. Part of me still wants this. If I were to win the lottery, part of my winnings would be spent going on a two week excursion with real life storm chasers. You can count on that.
- If you had to run outside, and could only take ONE item (This includes clothing. You would be naked, essentially) what would it be?
I would take a one piece unitard because there is NO WAY I am running naked. NO WAY.
- If you could have any kind of furbaby, what would you get?
Meow. I would get a kitten. Or a chinchilla (so soft!!). But to be honest, I am not a fan of indoor animals so whatever fur baby I got it would need to be an outdoors kind of pet.
- Favorite dessert? (greek yogurt, or anything remotely healthy, does not count as dessert)
This is a dangerous topic. I have a LOT of favorite desserts. But today I choose cinnamon rolls. This recipe is amazing. Try it at your own risk.
- If you won the lottery today, what would you with your winnings?
See above. Storm chasing. I would also buy some awesome photography equipment and take some time off to go travel the world. I LOVE to travel. Top destinations = National Park of American Somoa, Thailand, Seychelle Islands, Banff National Park, Glacier National Park, Yosemite National Park, Greece, Italy...the list goes on and on. I'd also pay off all loans. I'd keep working, but I would probably change my career path.
- If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Easy. Potatoes. Not only are they versatile, but I have unlimited access to them. Free food for life!
- Sushi, like it or hate it?
Hate it hate it hate it. I dislike almost all seafood, which is really sad for me since it is so healthy!
Now for Ann's questions!
- Do you have any furry family members? If yes, roll call. Photos get you extra points.
Sadly, no furry family members. We just aren't home enough to justify it. Hubster would LOVE a dog, but I'm the heartless wife that won't allow it. It's not because I don't like pets, it's just because it isn't practical at the moment.
- What’s the biggest accomplishment you’ve achieved in the past few years?
Running my marathon, hands down. Not only is it something I NEVER thought I would do, but it was the most mentally and physically challenging thing I have ever done. I had many hurdles thrown in my way leading up to the marathon, but I persevered and accomplished my goal. No one can ever take that away from me.
- Favorite TV show?
Ummm...don't judge. I have MANY guilty pleasure TV shows, but my favorite is probably Vampire Diaries. So many pretty people, and a surprisingly decent plot. STOP JUDGING!!
- Have you ever colored your hair? Did it turn out great or not so great?
My dad threatened me with my life if I ever dyed my hair, so to this day my hair remains unchanged and natural. I used to hate the red hair but I've slowly learned to embrace it.
- Does your body wake up at a certain time each morning? How accurate is your “internal clock”?
Ha. Nope. No internal clock. I love to sleep and will sleep for as long as I possibly can. I wish I had a better internal clock!
- Where do you get your news from? Online, radio, or TV?
I typically get my news from KSL. It's my local news channel and it's pretty timely.
- Favorite celebrity couple?
I really had to think about this one. Off the top of my head I would have to say William and Kate, simply because they seem to have an actual sense of normalcy to them. This does not mean I watched the Royal Wedding, however.
- Have you ever had to assemble anything – Ikea furniture or workout equipment? Was it successful or not?
I have had to assemble some things and they turned out successful; however, for the life of me I cannot recall a specific item I've assembled. Brain fail!
- Do you love the hot shower or the cold shower?
Hot shower until the very end and then I cool the water down. I realize this is weird, but I can't stand getting out of the shower with my hair hot!
- Favorite alcoholic drink – beer, wine, mixed drink?
I'm gonna play the Mormon card again here--not a drinker. But my favorite non-alcoholic drink has to be this frozen lime drink I had in Belize. It was made from fresh-squeezed limes and was SO REFRESHING. It was perfect on the 100+ degree days.
- What are you doing right now? Are you a multi-tasker?
I am at work, and I am intermittently answering emails and inquiries while typing up these answers. I am a master multi-tasker. Thank goodness!
Now it's your turn--I want to hear some random things about you! If you've already done this post, link me in the comments so I can read yours. If you haven't done it yet, I'm officially tagging YOU! Can't wait to read a little more about you!