Friday, March 15, 2013

Two Weeks Later

I can't believe I've been a mom for two weeks. As any mom knows, it's an incredible and insane adjustment.  I have no idea when I will be able to sleep more than two hours at a time again! And simple things like showering and eating now take a lot more planning. Sometimes they just don't happen!  And holy cow....the body goes through some incredible (and painful!) changes during the first few weeks.  But it is more than worth it. I love my little baby boy.

I am happy to say that physically my body has bounced back from pregnancy very well. I'm one of the lucky few that never got any stretch marks during pregnancy. I had heard that sometimes they show up after the birth, but I have been super lucky and have avoided that fate. Thank you, genetics!

I'm also really happy to say that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I weighed in this morning at 162 lbs. While that is definitely not my goal weight, its nice that I'm not having to fight to lose baby weight on top of the weight I already had. I am, however, quite a bit squishier than I was before!  I'm looking forward to tightening things back up.  With the super nice spring weather we've been having lately, I've been taking walks in the park.   It's a good way to get my body ready for the real work headed its way in a few weeks!

My body is healing well from the trauma of actual labor. I'll write the birth story soon, but I did actually have the natural birth I wanted. It was fast and incredibly difficult. I'm glad it worked out the way I wanted, though. I will cherish that memory for a long time. The moment I got to hold my son in my arms for the first time was absolutely incredible. Definitely life changing!

Well, that's my update for now. I am typing this from my phone while a certain handsome young man sleeps on my chest. I just love being a mom!

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely perfect and I am so incredibly happy for you Becky!

    ReplyDelete