Monday, December 20, 2010

Caramels, Divinity, and Sugar Cookies...Oh My!

My divinity wasn't even CLOSE to this pretty...
Oh boy.  What a weekend!  I was supposed to stay in Nebraska until Saturday when my installation would be finished.  However, Mother Nature had other ideas and caused a storm that delayed half of my shipments so they wouldn't arrive until Monday.  Joy?  So, I called my boss and he said to just come home on Friday and then fly back out here on Sunday.  After a few plane trips and some long drives to Omaha, I made it home in time to go relax in my friend's apartment hot tub with my husband.  It was SO NEEDED.  It was about 30 degrees outside which made the hot water feel perfect.  I'm going to have to plan some more hot tub visits in the very near future.

I also dared to bake this weekend.

One of the hardest things about being a healthier individual is that I can no longer bake whenever I want to.  I used to bake cookies and brownies and cakes pretty regularly, and I miss the smells wafting through my house after a day spent in the kitchen.  My office is having a "Cookie Exchange" today that I had signed up for so I knew I had to bake a bunch of items this weekend to bring in to my coworkers.  Even though I am now in Nebraska instead of the office, I baked a few things for my husband to bring into work (we work at the same place).  It was so much fun!  I allowed myself a few indulgences, and was surprised at how quickly my body told me to stop.  I used to be able to eat those treats until there was nothing left, but I was having a hard time eating more than a few pieces.  I just can't handle sugar like I used to!  Part of me was disappointed that I couldn't enjoy more of the sweets, but the majority of me was VERY happy.  I didn't realize I'd made such progress.

Can anyone else believe that Christmas will be here this weekend?  Doesn't it seem like 2010 just began?  Where the heck does all the time go?

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely, cannot believe 2011 is almost upon us. Have a wonderful week - hoping that your installation goes quickly and you're home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol as soon as I read the title I was like, "Nooooooo!" But I'm proud of you! There are a lot of things I just can't handle anymore. If I eat stuff that is too greasy, sugary, or fried I get a tummy ache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feeling of being able to eat things in moderation. It's sooo much better than the feeling of having just inhaled a pound of food without even really enjoying most of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, January 2010 seems just yesterday!

    Happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete