Thursday, January 5, 2012

Burpees...

I want to like them.  I really really do want to like burpees.  I know they are a great overall workout and that they do all sorts of wonderful things for our bodies.  But they are hard.

So very hard.

And dare I say...awkward?  I don't know very many people who look graceful while in the midst of a 20 rep round of burpees.  (Or so I tell myself so that I feel better when I am on rep 19 and floundering all over the place!)

But there is a sick sick part of me that likes them.  I like them because I dread them.  I know that makes no sense, so I'll try to explain.  When I see them on a workout, I know that I am going to get my butt handed to me.  Every.  Time.  I know I am going to be huffing and puffing and thinking mean thoughts towards the masochist who designed the workout for the day.  But I also know that I am going to get a killer workout and scorches calories in nothing flat.  My arms, chest, abs, legs, and lungs are all going to get pulverized with one simple workout move.

Kind of a thing of beauty, eh?

So today as I embark on Day 4 of HELLth week (I'm still surviving!!), I will try to remember that they are an awesome move and that I should love them and embrace their awesomeness.

Tonight's workout?

For time:

15-16-17-18-19-20 reps of:

thrusters 45/65
burpees
KB swings 25/35
I feel like I just did this workout yesterday (spoiler alert: that's because I did)!  More burpees and kettle bell swings for me, I guess!  

Me and my crazy eyes are trying to be really excited about that!

4 comments:

  1. You are a crazy girl! But keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you look great! You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up! Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to believe that anyone can make burpees look good! Nice job with a tough workout!
    :)

    ReplyDelete