|This cute little thing turned 1 year old!|
Let's recap December's goals and see how I did:
- Complete the 30-day boot camp and go at least 4 times per week (preferably 5)
- Status: DONE! I averaged 4 workouts per week. It was rough, but super fun at the same time!
- Don't die doing the boot camp (it has to be said!)
- Status: I am still alive. Booyah!
- Complete a 3-day juice fast
- Status: Finished!
- Cook 2-3 meals per week (leftovers last a long time at our place!)
- Status: I didn't count each meal, but I cooked a lot throughout December. I feel good about this one.
- Lose 5 lbs (Weighed in this morning at 155.4. Boo is all I have to say about that)
- Status: Ugh. My weight fluctuated a crap ton this past month. I was down four pounds and then up eight pounds. Up, down, up, down, up, down. Ended on a high. This goal was definitely not reached. I blame the candy.
- Blog more. :)
- Status: I blogged 21 times in December. Success!
All in all, a decent month. I'm a big fan of the gym I did the boot camp at and plan on getting a membership there. The workouts are KILLER. My heart rate is almost always up in the 170s and I sweat bullets. I am definitely stronger than I was at the beginning. Strength training is awesome.
So what goals do I have for January and 2012 in general? I haven't finalized it yet, but here is what I am thinking:
- Survive HELLth week at my gym (going on right now!)
- Average 4 workouts per week or more
- Run 30 miles for the month to supplement the strength training workouts
- Cook 2-3 meals per week
- Consistently strength train
- Run at least 25 miles per month
- Run another 10k
- Run another half marathon
- Hike Lake Blanche
- Hike Ben Lomond Peak
- Hike Yosemite National Park
- Hike Glacier National Park
We have a National Parks Pass that we really want to utilize over the next year. I have big goals for using it! We live near a lot of great parks and I really want to explore them. This will be a year of hiking more than a year of running. I love running, but I want to use this next year to strengthen my core and stabilizer muscles so that I can finally start running injury free. It was very discouraging to keep getting injured last year, so I plan on working hard to build up my muscles to prevent it from happening again in the future. Should be a good year!
What are your plans/goals for the New Year?