Monday, October 17, 2011

An Awesome Sauce Weekend

This weekend was amazing!  I spent Friday with Jess watching Hocus Pocus.  It's been a good ten years since I've seen that show.  Don't you dare mock.  It was awesome sauce.
Ann in Utah 001
Rachelle, Julia, me, Ann, and Ashley
Also awesome? Marathon catch-up lunch with Julia, Rachelle, Ann, and Ash.  We went to Cafe Rio (a personal favorite) and spent over two hours chatting about running and blogging.  We stayed until we were stiff from sitting!  All in all, a good time. 

Ann in Utah 002 - Copy
Beautiful Fall Colors!

After lunch we headed to Provo Canyon to go see Bridal Veil falls.  This is one of the most famous waterfalls along the Wasatch Front.  For being late in the season, it actually has a pretty decent amount of water flowing over it!  We were lucky enough to see some fall colors at the same time.  They are in their peak right now.  Ann timed her visit very well!  She got perfect weather!

Ann in Utah 021
Perfect complimentary colors!

Ann in Utah 003 - Copy
Lovely!

Ann in Utah 012
Ann & I in front of the falls
Ann in Utah 008
Ann & Ash
After roughing it through some seriously nasty construction on State Street (what the heck is up with all the construction in Utah County?), we went to Ashley's house to get ready for our next adventure--Joe Bandidos and then Thriller.  Jen joined us for dinner with her hubby, and a great time was had.  Tasty eats for sure!  However, I was most looking forward to Thriller...
Ann in Utah 030
Creepy creepy eyes
I go to Thriller nearly every year.  It's a great Halloween activity that keeps me highly amused the entire time.  There are funny skits and fantastic dancing.  And the makeup is amazing (see above).  The zombies greet you when you walk in the main doors, and by "greet" I mean "scare the crap out of you."  They sneak up on you when you least expect it (like in the bathroom!!) and they invade your personal space like crazy.  It's awesome.
Ann in Utah 029
Yes, her finger is touching my face.  It nearly went in my mouth.  Brave girl--I bite!!
Ann in Utah 028
Apparently Ash smiles while being strangled...
Ann in Utah 031
I think Ashley wanted to keep her as a pet! 

One zombie scared Ashley's mom so bad that she let out a blood curdling scream and everyone in the foyer stopped to see who screamed.  We were laughing so hard we were crying.

We finally made it past the zombies into the theater to watch the show.  There are tons of different routines, and almost all of them are amazing.  I'm always impressed with the dancer in the Frankenstein routine; she is incredibly limber and flexible.  It's absolutely crazy!
Ann in Utah 071
Getting folded in half?  No biggie...
Ann in Utah 036 - Copy
Excited for the show!
Ann in Utah 087
The Jasons Routine is always a fan favorite...
Ann in Utah 082 - Copy
As is the "Dem Bones" routine.  I'm a sucker for blacklights.
It was a great way to end the evening.  I couldn't believe that Ann's time in Utah was already over!  It was such a short trip, but we got a lot crammed into the short amount of time.  

Also, disregard Ann's comment about some girl named Reba on her latest post.  I have no idea what she is referencing....  I swear that isn't my nickname.  Nope.  Why would anyone ever call me that?  Moving along now...

4 comments:

  1. You took amazing photos of your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh!!! you took some amazing pictures! it was so great to see you sweet friend...and glad we could get past my terrible sense of direction and move on with our friendship :)

    cant wait to see you AGAIN this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hiking pictures!! I can't wait to go back to Utah, I loved it there and those pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete