Wednesday, October 5, 2011

This One Time

This one time I came face to face with some delicious cheesy dip that a coworker brought in to share.  It looked and smelled delicious.  It was being warmed in a tiny crock pot and sitting next to it was a lovely bag of Stress Chips.  We all know how much I love Stress Chips (particularly in the afternoon).


However, as I looked at those delicious Stress Chips and Stress Dip I did a quick self inventory, realized I wasn't even hungry and that I only wanted to eat the chips because they are delicious, but not because I needed the fuel.

Even still, I took another step towards them.  I really really wanted to eat them.  It was a rare office treat.

I took another step towards them.  I was within grabbing distance.  I could almost taste them.

And then I turned and walked away...

Progress, people.  Progress.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by! Nice work on the progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING. i would have eaten one. i just know it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good for you- I'm pretty sure I would have eaten at least one chip-ful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I have a really hard time resisting a good dip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this deserves a standing ovation because I can't even resist the stale doughnuts at my work. I can't imagine the temptation of chips and dip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! So so proud of you. You rock!

    Can we please meet up during Vegas Ragnar? Or maybe in this beautiful state in which we reside. We need to throw a blogger halloween party I think. Wouldn't that be so fun.

    ReplyDelete