Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dubstep Kitteh & Toe Drama


stereo skifcha from xgabberx on Vimeo.

Someone explain to me why this is so funny.  I seriously can't stop laughing, and I have no idea why.

The internet never ceases to amaze me.  And scare me.  It definitely scares me.

Also, yesterday at work I totally mangled my toe.  I have a lovely footstool that I keep under my desk, and for whatever reason it decided to become possessed and fell directly onto my big toe.

IMAG0272
Bad footstool...
It hurt.  Immensely.  BUT I didn't even swear (so proud).  My toe instantly started bleeding everywhere, which was sort of awesome.  Rather than the typical instinct of "Oh crap, I'm injured. I should probably seek first aid..." I had an "Oh crap, I'm injured.  I should go show off my battle wound to Hubster!"

Yeah...I didn't mean to, but I left a trail of blood while hobbling towards his desk.  Oops?  The IT boys were impressed with the wound.  We had to do an emergency blood evacuation (fancy term for "poke the nail with hot paper clip till the blood escapes" so that I could attempt to keep my toe nail.  I like my toe nails.  They should not fall off.

They videoed it.  And emailed it to my coworkers.  Awesome?  It's a pretty tame video (sadly).  We were all hoping for something a bit more epic:

Since the internet is for sharing, you can watch the letdown above.  And enjoy my pretty nail polish--it matches the color of the blood quite nicely!

(Also, how good of a husband is Hubster for being willing to poke me with a hot fire paperclip?  Such a good husband...)

Sadly, the stupid toe does hurt bad enough that wearing shoes is next to impossible (flip flops at work today--holla!).  Good thing the weather is cooperating enough that my toesies aren't freezing.  I'm hopeful that the dumb thing will stop being such a wuss by Saturday because my sister and her kids are visiting me (!) and we are going to be walking around the zoo.  I NEED to be able to wear shoes and walk in them.  Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

IMAG0274
Until then, thank goodness for bandaids...
Did I ever mention I am accident prone?  Because I am totally accident prone...

4 comments:

  1. Oh no your poor toe! :( I am totally accident prone too and it is the worst. I hope you heal super quick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a footstool at work and I always bang my shin on it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, REBAAAAA. That injury is a Reba-injury. I hope you (and your toenail) feel better soon! NO MORE INJURIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh ouchie! Bad stool! Baaad stool! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete