Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Frustrated

Do you ever have those days where you find it super hard to get motivated to go to the gym?  For me, it is pretty much a daily occurrence.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.

I was working late (I should work 8-5, but quite often i work 8-7+).  It was 7:00 and I knew that I needed to pack up and leave for home before it got even later and I lost all motivation to go running.  I pulled in the driveway only to remember that I absolutely had to go to the grocery store that moment and it couldn't be pushed off (birth control is a necessary thing, ladies!).  So I backed out of my driveway and drove the 15 minutes to the pharmacy and hurriedly shopped for the items I needed, and nearly got a ticket on the drive home!

Upon my return home, I looked at the grass on my front lawn and realized it had to be nearly 8 inches long.  Curse you, fertilizer!!  It couldn't be ignored, so I decided that would be a nice warm up for my workout.  I mowed the lawn (took about 1.5hrs) and then came inside to cool off.  I quickly changed into my workout clothes.  I decided that while I cooled down from being outside, I would put away the tent that was set up in my kitchen (totally random, I know, but my nephews spent the weekend with us and we camped in the front room!).      It was taking up a ton of space!

As I am tearing the tent down, my husband calls to tell me our friends from out of town are stopping by RIGHT NOW.  Not much I could do about that, but I love these friends so I was excited about it.  They stayed until about 10:00, and which point it was way too late for me to work out.  I can't sleep for a few hours after finishing running, and since I have to wake up early it wasn't a good idea.  It was frustrating though!  I was so proud of myself for getting home and getting in my clothes to run and being so close to conquering my lack of will power, only to not end up actually being able to follow through with it.  I guess the only consolation is that I didn't just come home and sit on my butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment