Monday, September 27, 2010

10K Madness!

Post Run Glow

Post Race Photo Op!

Happy to have finished!
I can proudly say that I completed my 10K with my goal of no walking.  However, the run was not a very fun run as I had been hoping for.  Those stupid side aches I've been suffering though struck again--but this time at the 1 mile mark!  It hurt so bad but I was determined to just run through the pain and eventually it did wear off.  However, if I tried to run at my typical pace the aches would come right back so I finished the race with a higher time than normal.  Oh well!  I can only improve from here, right?  I am just excited to have completed a goal and accomplished something that a "friend" told me I wouldn't be able to do.  Sweet success!

Now that I've gotten the good news of the weekend out of the way, I have a confession.  I ate like CRAP this weekend.  I think some portion of my brain thought "Hey, you ran a big race.  You can totally pig out now and it will all be okay..."  I would like to find that portion of my brain and perform a lobotomy on it.  I totally hosed all my hard work from earlier in the week!  On Friday I weighed myself in the morning at 153.6.  Today?  156.0.  I'm going to go for a run today and hopefully that will reverse some of the damage.  I just wish I knew why I did these things to myself.  I can't wait until the day where I have complete control over food.  

This week will be a challenge as well.  My brother-in-law is in town for the week (yay!) and our family is celebrating by having lots of get-togethers.  With homemade ice cream.  And delicious food.  And large quantities of said food.  In addition to that, Lake Powell always has a delicious supply of food, so I will have to be extra diligent this week.  I also need to find a way to cram my workouts in to the already time-strapped days.  Wish me luck!  I think I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. I know it's late, but I was not seeing your posts on my blog roll! Sorry. HUGE Congrats on your race, I knew you would rock it!!

    ReplyDelete