Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's way too early...

Good morning!  This post comes to you at the bright and early hour of 6:24 am.  Sad story--I'm already at work.  This has been my life story for the past two weeks.  Here's something you all should know about me:  I am NOT a morning person.  I would sleep till 9 or 10 everyday if you'd let me!  So if this post is all over the place, it's because I'm freakishly tired.  :)

I've come to a stalled place in my progress with working out and losing weight.  My motivation is gone.  I've fallen into bad habits.  I've stopped tracking calories, and even worse I am overeating and I know it and I don't care enough to stop.  This is bad, people.  Very bad indeed.

It's time to reevaluate my priorities.  I need to find a way to kick my butt in gear and get excited again.  Coming up with a list of challenges with set completion dates has helped me in the past.  I think that's the best solution for me now.  I've been discussing with hubster the possibility of running one race per month like Ann from Twelve in Twelve did.  I really like the idea.  Races keep me motivated and on track.  I'm going to find a bunch of races I want to do and update you on them soon.  January's race is already complete--yay Ragnar!

Another idea that I would like to incorporate is a reward system.  My best friend (you will remember her from my many hiking pictures from last summer) has an awesome family and her sister gave her a bunch of little presents for Christmas.  The catch was that she could only open them once she achieved some goals that she would set for herself.  It's a great way to motivate!  I just need hubster to buy me some awesome stuff that I want really bad.  Or go buy the stuff myself and wrap it up and torment myself with my desire to open them RIGHT NOW.  :)  That should do the trick...

In any case, I'm going to take it a week at a time.  Anyone can be perfect at something for a week.  I would like to be perfect this week at working out and tracking calories.  I didn't track calories yesterday, so I'll have to start today.  Here's to a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Your post sounds a lot like my post in progress. I really like the presents idea. In fact, Lindsay and I are going to send each other surprise presents each time the other person reaches a goal or just has a really awesome victory.

    Mornings do suck, but you'll get on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel completely in a rut as well. not with working out (because I looooove it), but with eating. The more I workout, the more I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of running one race a month... or the gift idea. Either one would be great, and be some great motivation. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. :)

    ReplyDelete