Monday, January 3, 2011

These are a few of My Favorite Things

New Niece!

I love my two nieces--they hold my heart!

Not to mention my cute nephews...


I think my hubby is handsome.  :)

So cute!

My dad with my very tired niece
Wow.  It's 2011.  Did this year sneak up on anybody else?  I feel like it should still be March 2010 or something.  Time is going by WAY too fast!

Also, I would like to confess now that my hope of losing or maintaining weight during the holidays did not happen.  Through my own mediocre efforts at working-out/eating right, I ended up gaining about 3 lbs.  I'm sitting at 152.2 today.  Frustrating, but not awful.  What is awful is how crummy I feel--lethargic, puffy, bloated, and fat.  I know 3 lbs isn't super visible on a person--it's the mental part that is making me feel fat.  So, time to hit it hard.  I've only been half invested in this process over the last month or so.  It is time to evaluate my priorities and get back on track.

Speaking of hitting it hard...I leave for Florida in less than 3 days to run my relay race.  HOLY CRAP!  It was about -5 degrees all weekend in Idaho where I was visiting family so I was unable (and definitely unwilling) to run outside in those nasty temperatures.  The local gym was also closed, so there was no hope of training.  That being said, I am not as trained as I would like to be for this race but I feel like it is manageable.  I know I can do the big runs; I just know it's going to hurt!  So please send nice thoughts my way!

Lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake City

Brightest Christmas tree in the US!

This photo reminded me that while I have come very far, I still have a ways to go.  Can't be complacent now!

I spent my New Years with family.  My sister just had a baby so we went up to her house to see her and be with the other kids.  It was such a wonderful way to spend the holiday!  Rather than go into details, I thought I would just share some photos from the past two weeks throughout this post.  These are a few of my very favorite things!
Hubby's Whole Family!
Christmas Caroling with Hubby's family


Hubby with the brothers--I LOVE this photo!

Hubster and Me

I'm so strong!

Can you tell I'm happy?
Happy New Year Everyone!  Tomorrow's post will have more details on my upcoming plans for the year.  I have some big goals!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, it is clear that we have both been blessed with some very good look nieces and nephews!

    This weekend calls for weather in the upper 60's for where I am. And You will be further south, so you should have upper 60's low 70's during the day! I am sure it will be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Becky!

    Your sister has a cute new baby!
    My boyfriend's cousin also just had a baby, on December 28! And I saw her on January 1st, at only 4 days! A newborn baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute pics!!!! Love it!!! I'm excited for you and your upcoming race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome in all those pictures. And you do have a cute husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww...what great pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Three pounds isn't bad at all, and I'm sure you'll have it back off in no time. Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful, gorgeous family, handsome hubby...and you look happy. I completely know how you feel about the 3 pounds!! I need to lose a few myself from the holidays. Keep it up! Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete