Thursday, July 28, 2011

Butt = Handed to Me

Yeah...I totally got my butt handed to me on my run this morning.  7 miles of hill running and let's just say my legs wanted NOTHING to do with it.  It probably didn't help that I biked 14 miles last night and that my legs are still sore from my hike.

It was a nasty run.  Oh well, I was due for one!

I'm glad I did it, and I'm glad I finished.  I think that your body progresses so much more from these difficult runs than any of the good runs.  At least that's what I tell myself as my legs feel like they are going to explode from the burn.  :)

How's your training going?  What has you excited these days?

4 comments:

  1. Oh I can totally relate girl. I have been having more bad runs than good runs lately. These tough runs make us mentally stronger and you need to save your good run for Saturday anyway! :)

    I am so excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel and keep telling myself the same thing. It's got to be good for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your pace! I can't wait to be able to run that fast. I am still working at it. You'd totally rock on any obstacle course! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true...I really believe that these are the runs that make us stronger because they mean so much more when we finish and we had to give it our all to make it through it! plus you gotta save up your good ones for race day right?? :) see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete