Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dear Body...

Dear Legs,

Today I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for you. Thank you for being strong and ready for anything.  When I decide to push you, you are quick to respond and endure through the pain.  You learn to adapt quickly, and maintain your strength for a long time.  Even when I took 6+ weeks off from running, you were ready and able to bounce back into the routine of things and didn't freak out when I suddenly was running and biking every day.  In fact, you performed better than ever under those circumstances.  Thank you for reminding me what a good burn feels like.

Dear Lungs,

You and I have had our issues.  It wasn't cool when you decided that you wanted to give me asthma attacks all the time.  I've been angry at you ever since.  But I guess we are on okay terms now.  I've pushed you to your limits.  I've ran you to the ground when you were sick with bronchitis.  I've pushed you so hard that I thought you might explode.  But instead of reacting as I expected you to and giving me asthma attack after asthma attack, you've adapted.  You've gotten used to expanding farther than you ever have before.  You are capable of breathing deeper and better than you ever have before.  Thank you for not making my life miserable.  Also, thank you for not giving me an asthma attack for over 4 months.  I appreciate it more than you know.

Dear Fat,

You've been served your eviction notice.  Your days of residence on my body are numbered.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! GOOD BYE FAT!!! :)
    Here is a post I wrote for my legs a while back
    http://seemomrunfar.blogspot.com/2011/05/change-in-perspective.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog!! Love your running story. Congrats on the weight loss. That is AWESOME!! I am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! I need to write a letter to my fat cells. Maybe that would motivate me to eat better! Maybe a letter to my brain instead!
    Congrats on the Ragnar! I've done runner 4 and 6 and the switch was definitely for the best! What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been totally off the blogs for a few days and I FEEL LIKE I MISSED SO MUCH!!! I know I said it on FB and Twitter, but a HUGE congrats to Hubster for his 1st half. That time is ROCKIN'. And I was totally thinking of your girls in Utah during my race. THANK YOU FOR LINKING ME ON YOUR LAST BLOG POST!!! You are so sweet and I just love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fat letter. That's awesome. I need to do that and post it on the bag of chips on my counter as a reminder

    ReplyDelete