Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh Sweet Victory!

Dear 4 miles-

I kicked your trash today.  You may have kicked mine in return, but at least it was an equal match.  Let's do this again sometime?

Looking forward to it,
Becky


Oh yes, ladies and gentleman.  I finally had myself a run at 6.0 mph.  I ran at an exact ten-minute mile for 4 miles.  I know for some of you crazies out there that this is slow for you, but MAN!  I have been looking forward to this day for a while now.  My 5k time was 30:27.  That is a PR for me by several minutes.  I'm sure today was a fluke, but I am totally going to enjoy it while I can.  It's all about celebrating the victories!

Tonight I will be biking 8 miles.  It has poured rain every night for the last few nights.  Here's hoping it doesn't repeat tonight!  I'm hoping for a nice, fun, and dry run!

Also, in the spirit of sharing things, I should also mention that I have eaten half a Cinnabon, a 1/4 slice of cake, a fruit rollup, and something else sweet that I can't remember at the moment.  Ummm, yeah.  Sweets overload at work today and apparently I just can't stay away.  But, I'm counting the calories and I'm within the zone.  So yeah...there's that?

What are you up to this evening?  Have you fallen victim to sweets at work lately?  Tell me about it in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. WaHOO!! I am so happy for you. That is huge accomplishment and you should be so proud!! Congratulations. Someday I will know what you are feeling right now! haha! Way to go girl!! You are a ROCK star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Go Becky! You are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheeeeeeee what a run! Way to go, girl! You earned the sweets, don't you worry! I love sweet things too and fall victim EVERYWHERE! Have a great bike ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! how awesome! Spectacular achievement :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! 6mph is always my running speed and I think it is great. :)

    ReplyDelete