Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ugh

Totally pigged out yesterday.  It was a Category 4 Binge.  Seriously.  I consumed 1000+ calories within a half hour period.  And they weren't even good calories.  I was just STARVVVVING.  Big time.  And so I stuffed my face.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  And even worse, I came home from work and decided that even though I had already way over eaten for the day I would still make dinner AND have some ice cream.  Yeah.  I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but it was no good.

And today I slept in and didn't go biking.  I am hiking tonight so I'll still get a great burn in, but still.  I should've gotten up.  My morning logic was telling me that since my bike was somewhat broken (my seat doesn't stay put--it rotates while I bike) that I should just sleep in.  Nope.  Sleepy logic is lame.

Anyway, since this blog is supposed to include all good and bad things I had to let you know because it keeps me honest!  The rest of today will be better!

How are you doing this week?  Have you struggled with being healthy?

9 comments:

  1. ughhh. i can totally relate. i am terrible at eating well on the weekends...and holiday or long weekends just don't help much. nights are a problem for me as well for some reason...i get home and am so tired so i just snack until I get un-lazy enough to make dinner...not sure what that is about! ha!

    I love the term "sleepy logic" that you used! I struggle with that too! I feel like I have "good" weeks and "bad" weeks...some weeks I just feel so motivated every day and I eat well, get up early to work out, etc. Then other weeks the last thing I want to do is get up or move and I just want SWEETS.

    Hope you enjoy your hike tonight! An evening/night hike sounds so relaxing!

    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling I had a week like that last week. Yesterday I was good, but I can't figure out how to count my calories for what I ate for dinner b/c it was just snacks. I tried to stick to the health snacks like cheese and summer sauge, and fruit but it's hard for me to calculate how much I ate. Last week I had an off week and I feel like this week has been so difficult for me to get back on track. Don't beat yourself up, sometimes life happens and we just have to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know where you are coming from. I'm struggling right now big time. Not on exercising, but with eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours! I was going to respond to your comment via email, but I noticed you're a no-reply. In case you're even thinking about changing that, here's a post I did about it: http://daiseeangel.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-wanna-chat-with-you.html. Please don't take it as me telling you to do it, but some people aren't aware of the option so I figured I'd share! :)

    I have had MANY struggles with what you just described. SO MANY times. All you can do is own up to it and brush it off. Keep going with your healthy choices and don't let it continue to bring you down. Move forward, and you will still see progress! :)

    Thanks for the comment, and I'm following you and adding you to my Google Reader right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I can relate. And when I do stuff like that I'll just not count my calories for that day because the shame and guilt is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so blad about thinking "well I just ate half of my pantry, so a little more wont hurt." Obviously I have a problem with moderation. I'm jealous that you get to go on hikes. It's SO flat here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone struggles with being healthy! Seriously... I HATE getting up in the morning. And moderation is so hard, too. At least I'm good at whining about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can so relate to this post. I feel like I really need to step up my game big time in the healthy eating department. I've been running and exercising so good, but I shove my face with the worst stuff and that sabotages everything...haha!! Thanks for the being real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I slept through my long run on Sunday morning, I was so mad. I was just so tired from our trip. lol

    ReplyDelete