Thursday, December 16, 2010

Clean all the things?

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html
I feel like I've been balancing way too many things lately: day-to-day work, traveling work, working out, house work, etc.  Many different types of work, and all are equally important.  With the amount of traveling I've been doing lately, it has become increasingly hard to follow through on all these items.  Today my ability to balance all these things came to a crashing halt.

I can't do it anymore.

And I don't know what to do because I have no other option than to continue doing all these things.

My one-on-one time with my hubby isn't nearly enough; last night was the first time in two weeks that we've had a night to spend with each other.  But this morning the stress of my responsibilities caught up with him and we ended up having a fight that led to me leaving for work in tears.  I don't blame him for being frustrated; I chose to slack on my house work chores instead of giving up the other things so the house is a mess.  Let me state that again--a MESS.  It's driving me crazy and I know it's bugging him more (because he is actually home to suffer through it).

This level of stress isn't the way to live a life.  I can't quit my job, I won't quit working out, and I have to maintain my house responsibilities.

Readers--I need advice.  How can I manage this better?  I feel like I'm a rubber band stretched so thin that I'm about to break and lash out at something.  What should I do?

4 comments:

  1. First off, I am sorry you left this morning in tears! I don't have any good advice because I don't yet have to juggle all those responsibilities. I will be thinking of you and hope that everything will work itself out. The holidays are around the corner, spend some time remembering what is most important!

    **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens a lot in my house. Both my boyfriend and I neglect the house work because of our busy schedules, and before we know it, things are out of control! When this happens, we take the next available opportunity we have together to run an all out assault on the chores. I do dishes, he vacuums, he does laundry, I clean the bathroom, etc. We get things done in less than an hour, then start the process all over again. Keep taking care of yourself, the rest will fix itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally know how you feel. :(
    Here's what helps me:
    1. Let go of impossible expectations and take it one day at a time
    2. share house responsibilities and prioritize the things that bug you most--get done the one thing that is most important
    3. Do some meditation and deep breathing (it really does help me)
    4. If you are dreading your workouts more than appreciating what you body can do, maybe cut back a bit or do things that are more healing for your body
    Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat. I have so many things on my plate, and I just don't know how to get them all done. I keep a to do list and I guess what I have been trying to focus on a few things a day. If I think about doing everything on the list at once I get so stressed, but when I focus on just getting a few things, it helps.

    ReplyDelete