Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday Calories Don't Count

That was the motto yesterday, and it's a darn good thing too because I REALLY don't want to know how damaging the food I ate was.  Surprisingly, I have no guilt because it was nice to take a day off from stressing and relax.

Hubster made the day special by always trying to think of things that would make me happy.  He went way out of his way on the hunt for the perfect birthday cake.  In the end (with a little help from me) we discovered the most delicious creation in the world.  Normally I try not to post these delicious food items because whenever I stumble on food blogs I end up craving the foods they show something ridiculous and I don't want that to happen to my readers, but this cake was so good it nearly deserves its own post.

Enter-- the Coldstone Creamery Cake Batter Ice Cream Cake:

Becky's Birthday 001

Holy deliciousness.

Becky's Birthday 007

This thing has layers of delicious cake, then cake batter ice cream (my FAVORITE--don't knock it till you try it), then a layer of cookie dough, and then the layers repeat.  Ummm...that's pretty much all my favorite things wrapped into one delicious package.  Remember this for your next calorie free birthday.

In addition to eating some of the caramel my friend made for me (not as much as I would've in the past--I tried to keep it reasonable) I also had a dinner of Little Caesar's breadsticks.  You might remember that they are one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures.  I normally do not eat them (because they are SO BAD for you!) but we did opt to eat them for dinner when our actual dinner plans fell through due to the restaurant being closed on Mondays.  Boooo.  Dinner at that restaurant is scheduled for another date.

My mother-in-law also brought me some beautiful flowers at work:
Birthday Flowers 007

Birthday Flowers 010

I love them!  Gerber daisies are my favorite and the color on these is so intense!  The pictures don't do it justice.

All in all, it was a great day and that doesn't even include the fun I had on the weekend with Running Roommate!  Hubster and I drove up to her locale and had dinner as saw The Adjustment Bureau.  It's a good flick!

I really enjoyed the chemistry between the two actors.  I'm glad we went to see it!

Today the plan is to run 4.5 miles.  Wish me luck!  I've got some excess calories to burn off!  :)

6 comments:

  1. wow, that birthday sounds awesome but SO unhealthy!! But if it works for you.... Dont let little old me rain on your parade!!! Keep up the awesome work, have a great run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! That cake sounds & looks delicious!! I don't count birthday calories either, shh!! Happy Happy (belated) Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you celebrated in grand style. Enjoy your run!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete