Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Perfect Day

Yesterday was a perfect day.  I ate right, tracked my calories, and GOT A RUN IN!!!  And the weather was absolutely perfect for a run.  I was in heaven!

I convinced my friend to join me for the run--I needed backup in case I had to be carried home!  It was nice to run at a slow pace and get outdoors.  I can't believe how good it felt to be outside and be running.  I missed it more than I thought!  We ended up doing 1.55 miles in 19 minutes (just over a 12:00 minute mile) which is a lot slower than I was running before my injury, but I really wanted to start out slow and make sure I didn't hurt myself worse.  I think it paid off--my calf felt great!  I could've ran longer, but my friend doesn't normally run so she was a bit worn out after our second loop around the park by my house.  She wanted to stop, so we decided to call it a day.  I was tempted to go for another mile after she left my house, but decided to play it safe and stop.  I think that was probably wise.
.
My bestie from high school--she was ready to call 911 if necessary!

Today my calf feels fine--no pain.  I'm going to go for a bike ride with my husband after work.  I want to be outside and enjoy the beautiful weather, but I don't think it's smart to run two days in a row just yet.  Hopefully the biking won't hurt either!

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?  If nice, what are your plans for enjoying it?

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a nice bike ride. I really want to get a new bike for the summer here

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect day indeed! So glad 911 was not necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bike riding is such fun, enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love riding my bike on "recovery" days. Glad to hear your calf is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the warm weather to hit Michigan! I'm going to do the same thing and start out slowly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So glad you had a great run!! :)

    ReplyDelete