Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dreaded Swimsuit Shopping

With the upcoming trip to Australia rapidly approaching, I was faced with finally confronting the dreaded enemy--swimsuit shopping.  We are planning to spend a week on the Great Barrier Reef learning to scuba dive and I knew that I would need some swimsuits that fit.  I have a great collection of swimsuits, but they are either too small (from college days) or too big.  I wanted something that fit just right!

Off to Kohl's I went.  I'm a sucker for a good deal, and I had seen some cute swimsuits online that were worth checking out.  I found a surprisingly good selection!  I usually do my swimsuit shopping at Target, but I have been frustrated with the quality of their clothes lately so I opted for Kohl's this time.  I'm glad I did!  In a short amount of time, I found myself with arms full of many many options.  I swallowed my fear, and went into the nearest dressing room to see what I was up against.

I know I'm not alone on this, but isn't swimsuit shopping the worst thing in the world?  Way worse than jean shopping.  I was not looking forward to seeing the way the swimsuits accentuated the flaws in my body that I'm already too aware of.  But we do what we must do...and so I tried them all on.

And they fit.  And they fit well.  I actually felt cute in a swimsuit for the first time in years.  I'm not saying that I'm going to be swimsuit model material anytime soon (or ever really), but I found swimsuits that I was comfortable in.  I liked not just the fit, but the way my body looked in them--I was actually comfortable in them.  It was probably the greatest NSV I've had to date.

So I bought three different swimsuits to celebrate.  :)

You will have to wait until I post pictures from my trip to see them in their full glory, but here's a photo from one that I bought:
They didn't have those cute bottoms, so I got one with a black skirt instead and it was super flattering.  Loves it.  Can't wait to wear it in the ocean!!  If I don't post much over the next couple of weeks, you know why!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm dreading the summer time and having to be in a bathing suit. I wouldn't even dare try one on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some confidence when it came to bathing suits :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute swimsuit top! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete