Monday, August 30, 2010

10K Race

I think I'm going to do it.  The comment made by my "friend" the other day is driving me nuts and I just want to prove her wrong.  I CAN run a 10K and gosh darn it, I'm going to!

There is a 10K in my neighborhood on the last weekend of September.  That's a bit sooner than I would like, but I was looking at the online training program for a 10K and it seems reasonable.  I think I'm going to attempt it.  My leg is still sore so I will listen to my body and if training starts to hurt too much (the bad kind of hurt) than I will readjust my timeline if necessary.  But for right now, the goal is to show that 10K (and my friend) who's boss!!  :)

For those interested, here is my training program:


Hopefully you can read that.  Today will be a 3 mile run.  I'm going to try to do all of my training outside (weather permitting) to get me ready to run outside on the actual day of the race.  I think it makes a big difference.

Anyway, wish me luck in this new endeavor!  I can't wait to check the 10K off my list of goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment