Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Boot Camp First!

Yesterday I did the entire workout at full capacity! No more rookie stuff--I went big girl style. And, predictably, I am very sore today!  I also went to class during my lunch break because I knew I wouldn't have time to go that evening and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a workout.  That's gotta be a first!

BUT...it was super fun and I'm the perfect level of soreness. Yay for me!

Yesterday's workout was a doozy:

Complete 5 rounds for time of:

100 rope jumps
10 single leg sit-stands (R)
10 single leg sit-stands (L)
20 high band pull M/H
20 OH BB push press 45/65
20 V-ups


Those single leg sit-stands do NOT mess around.  I thought I'd be able to manage those because of how strong my legs are from running, but I seriously underestimated the weakness in my stabilizer muscles.  Yikes.  This is why I always struggle with IT band issues.  Good thing I'm doing strength training now!

Also, I get to see this every day when I walk into the gym.  I love it!
Anyone that has trained for a marathon can definitely attest to having to train our willpower muscle.  It can be a brutal process!

The last few days have been really good eating wise.  I've been sticking to clean foods as much as possible.  I am going to try to start my juice fast tomorrow and continue through the weekend.  Should be an adventure!  With all the free holiday work lunches going on right now, I won't be able to do a full 72 hour fast, but I will be pretty close.  I have a scheduled lunch tomorrow and another one on Monday.  I plan on starting the juice fast on Friday evening and continuing until Monday morning.  I'm nervous about it!  Send good vibes my way!

I'm also nervous about today's workout.  It's nothing but burpees.  As many as you can do.  I HATE burpees, but I realize that they are an incredibly good workout so I am trying to get over my dislike of them.  So far this mentality hasn't helped me like them yet, but I will keep trying!

Also, this made me smile today:

I hope you all are doing well.  What goals do you have for the month of December?  How are you doing on them?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that saying - "willpower is a muscle!" My goals for the rest of December are to keep up with my Run Streak and continue to journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing awesome on the 3hrs a week challenge :) My goals for the rest of the month is to maintain 3hrs or more and to try a new class at my gym each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally amazing girl! Seriously awesome that you did this on your lunch break. Way to go!

    Can you share details about your juice fast? Those type of things always intrigue me. I have been eating way too much junk over the holidays and although I'm not so concerned about the weight gain it makes my workouts suffer. I am thinking about doing something similar after the new year to cleanse my system of all the crap!

    ReplyDelete