Friday, September 24, 2010

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

...and I'm nervous as I can be!

Hopefully the next post you see from me is one of victory.  I'm hoping that it will be something like this:
Rather than something like this:
I'll try to post afterwards to let you know how I did!  The main goal is to try to finish the whole thing without walking.  I don't care how fast I do it in; I just want to jog the whole time.

Back to the marathon--I have to share something that I found funny/frustrating while I was registering for the race.  You fill out all your personal data (age, sex) and then at the very end you could select two extra options if you "qualified":
I stared at this forever trying to figure out why they would include this, but then I realized that they are tracking their "heavy-weight" runners.  First off, thank goodness they didn't name the female division after large animals or I think I would've had a bit of a cry.  Second, since when is 140 lbs heavy?  Now I know that runners (particularly those running marathons) are quite svelte, but you could be a very toned woman with average height and weigh 140 lbs.  Anyway, I guess I will have to embrace the Athena title since I definitely qualify!  

What are your thoughts on the Clydesdale/Athena divisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment