Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Plus Size Models

I saw this article today regarding a "plus size" model walking in some fashion shows:

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/10/05/crystal-renn-walks-in-paris-fashion-week/



I don't know about you, but there is nothing "plus size" about this model.  Look at her collarbones and neck line!  She's got a gorgeous figure.  The article is positive saying that more "plus size" models are getting jobs with regular models, but I still have an issue with a size 6 or 8 woman being referred to as "plus size".  She definitely isn't shopping in plus size stores!  I hope the modeling industry starts making more changes to help women find healthier role models and body types to identify with, and I think one of the first steps they need to make is getting rid of that label.

*Steps off of soap box*

Anyway....enough about that!  It's Wednesday which means we are half way through the week.  Hallelujah!  For the last week I've been fighting a cold of sorts, and today is the first day where I've thought about skipping a workout to give my body time to rest.  We shall see if I end up doing that or not.  It all depends on how I feel once I get to Idaho!

How are your goals coming along this week?  What challenges have you experienced?  What victories have you had?

3 comments:

  1. I guess compared to most models, she is plus sized. When I see the girls on America's Next Top Model I want to just force feed them a hamburger or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is good!
    Recovery occurs in rest, they say!
    Cool article, too.

    ReplyDelete