Thursday, January 12, 2012

Well, I did it...

...I ran those 3 miles.  And it was AWFUL.  One of those runs you really just wish you would've stayed inside for.  My legs were beat from the gym (darn you thrusters and box jumps!!), and the entire time I was running they felt very very heavy.  I enlisted Hubster to run with me, and we had a good time together until half way through the last mile and a very smelly car drove past and left a big exhaust trail behind for us to breathe.  This normally isn't a big deal, but apparently my lungs weren't having it and the exhaust (combined with the cold and physical exertion) proved to much for them to bear and I had an asthma attack.  So lame!  It was a rough half mile home, and both Hubster and I were really frustrated with it all.


Anyway, the 3 miles are DONE and I have another 3 miles tonight.  I'm hoping for a better outcome.  I am sure my legs will feel heavier tonight than even yesterday because of the workout I'm doing in the gym tonight, but it's good to run on tired legs sometimes; it really helps build up the lactic acid threshold.  Or so I tell myself!


Sadly, I apparently could not be a ninja or a big bad wolf.  There go my life ambitions!  Drat!

Anyway, wish me luck tonight with my run.  I have a feeling it is going to be brutal!  This is what I get for putting off my running on Tuesday so that I had to do it yesterday.  Running two days in a row after not running for a while is a bad idea.  Oh well--this will teach me a lesson to be a slacker next time!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I did lunges yesterday and thank goodness today is rest day. I can't remember the last time I did lunges and this morning I woke up in PAIN. Ouch :( Hopefully the pain is gone by tomorrow

    ReplyDelete